Friday, May 27, 2011

Help A Stranger Out

One night over a month ago, my friends and I were heading home on a Siena bus after an exhausting weekend of travel. We met a young English guy who didn’t know what to do or where to stay in Siena, but we suggested some places and invited him to hang out with us that night. Recently, he sent us a thank you. One of my friends blogged about this as well, and I have been meaning to share this for awhile. This is a lovely life lesson in which you never know how many people can be affected from one small kind act.

"hi, i never really got back to you all to say thanks for taking me out in Siena, and helping me find a place to sleep. i really appreciate it.
You've got some great photos up of Italy that make me pretty jealous i diddnt have longer to stay and explore more of the country. I suppose ill have to go back some day and do it properly - but then, i think like that every time i go somewhere new, and its a big world, theres not enough time to go everywhere.
By the way, do you remember that map you gave me of the town? my original plan was to keep it as a souvenier of that part of my trip, but i met another traveller in Volterra who said he was visiting Siena, and i thought he needed it more than me, so i gave it to him. i spoke to him on facebook when i got home and he said he gave it to someone else aswell, as he was leaving Siena. i think its pretty cool that its changed hands so many times and helped a bunch of people. a lot of times you'll never realise how far down the line your actions can affect other people.
hope you're all well and the sun is shining
Magnus"

2 comments: